Leaderboard
728x15

Nice Vacation Package photos

Large Rectangle

Some cool vacation package images:


2. 2ndGlobeShot!
vacation package
Image by iwishmynamewasmarsha
Globe shots two days in a row! Am I getting predictable already??

There was a package waiting on my doorstep when I got home from work. "What could it be?!" I wondered with glee. I grabbed it up and unlocked the door. I wound my way through the hallway, having to walk sideways with the package so I didn't bump anything off the shelves with it. I went directly to the table, where a pair of scissors trembled with excitement, waiting to cut the tape on the box open. "I know! I'm terribly, terribly excited myself," I said to them as we cut through the tape. I dug through the styrofoam peanuts (ugh! Are people not aware of the environmental impact of styrofoam?!?!), and pulled out my brand new globe. It was a bit of an impulse purchase. I had ordered it off eBay last week- "Dark Blue Ocean Multigemstone Globe on Stand-New!" How is a gal supposed to resist a thing like that?! I just had to have it. "Boasts oceans of a shimmering blue hue with gold-color latitude and longitude lines." Well I'm boasting that I now own that sucker. I re-taped the lid closed and tossed the box in the corner with a pile of others waiting for me to take them out to the recycling bin.

But where to put it?! I look around my apartment. It's just a one-bedroom, with a rather small living room/dining room. I tried to push my "Anti-Gravity Floating Globe NEW! Great Office Gift" closer to "AWESOME VINTAGE REPLOGLE WORLD NATIONS GLOBE 12" DIAMETER BUY IT TODAY!," but I accidentally knocked the "Vintage school classroom globe/atlas Made in USA Chicago IL" onto the ground. That wasn't going to work. I picked up "Vintage school classroom globe/atlas Made in USA Chicago IL" and put it back on it's shelf. I looked around. I definitely didn't want to put it in front of my moon globe, because how cool are moon globes?! And obviously not in front of "RARE 1950s Vintage Cram Duogyral Starlight Black World Globe," but there might be a space in front of that German globe I picked up on vacation a few years ago. I reached on my tippy toes, trying not to lean against the shelves under that one. I was a little too short to reach, but I managed to nudge it onto the shelf and push it backwards. My elbow knocked the "6 Inch Children's Animal Globe" off-kilter, but I caught it before it fell.

There. All set. But I was going to need to get a new shelf before that "JIM BEAM GLOBE OF THE WORLD DECANTER 1980" I bought last night came. There definitely wasn't any more room in here for more shelves... Maybe in the bathroom?

Banner