Leaderboard
728x15

Godfather Part II house, Lake Tahoe

Large Rectangle

Check out these where to vacation images:


Godfather Part II house, Lake Tahoe
where to vacation
Image by the_tahoe_guy
This is the spot where Fredo bit it. An interesting perspective. If you've ever seen Godfather part II, this is probably Fredo's last view as he took one to the back of the head as he said his "Hail Mary."

PS: Nobody was actually murdered during the making of this film - fictional movie character! :P

www.tahoeguyphotography.com/


Vacation I: Ashland 6
where to vacation
Image by djwudi
Experiments in long-exposure sky photography. Too much city light to try this anywhere near where we live, so it was fun to make a couple _very_ amateur attempts at this while at a country campground.

30 seconds, 18mm, f/3.5.


Chartres
where to vacation
Image by jellywatson
Fantastic cathedral. In this town, I learned that the French term for a scotch-and-coke is "Baby-Coca." That was possibly the best thing I learned there. It made me picture French mommies giving their children cans of coke with a little bit of scotch to counteract the caffeine.

Brilliant.

Chartres was such a relief after the cesspool of Limoges, and getting lost in Avignon. I was sur-les-ponts over and over again. Notice the plural of "bridges." There were many, many bridges in Avignon, and I'm pretty sure I crossed all of them in search of the freeway.

Not one of the bridges had handsome men bowing and pretty ladies curtsying, and NOBODY was dancing. When I finally found a road out of the city, I found a drive-through McDonald's. It was a relief to find a drive-through anything, as it's always sort of a pain in the ass to sit down in a restaurant and be social with the locals when you're just trying to get to Paris. As fast as possible.

I took these photos on a solo trip to France my mother gave me as a college graduation present in 2001. I drove from southern France, specifically Nice, meandered through the countryside, and ended in Paris, where I spent a good deal of time there. I was supposed to go home September 14th, 2001, but clearly, I ended up staying a little longer than I had planned.

The French people, especially the Parisians were wonderful. Although most of them told me I have an Italian accent when I parlay-voo.

Banner